Thursday, June 19, 2008

Can you say stomach flu...or something like it?!

We had dinner at local restaurant on Tuesday night...not bad but not great. Grandpa and Jean-Paul got the pot of seafood which appeared to have a bad oyster in it. They sent it back but ate the rest. Not sure if Isabelle ate any or not but the next morning Isabelle woke up not feeling great. Grandma thought it would be a good idea to give her some yogurt which Isabelle wanted no part of...she reached for me and as soon as I picked her up she projectile vomited three times. Because of the direction she was facing only a little bit actually hit me and I ran her to the bathtub as the other three adults cleaned up her mess. Isabelle was sick all day.

Grandma stayed home with her while the rest of us tried to go to the beach. It was REALLY windy which was a bit much for Amelie so we ended up at the Shoals Club by the pool. It ended up being a fun day. Travers made a tie dye shirt with Grandpa and loved it!

We returned home, cleaned up and attempted to have some professional photos taken. The kids really wanted no part of the photos so we will see how they turned out.

We came back home and grandma and grandpa said they would put the kids to bed so Jena-Paul and I could go have dinner...a celebration of our wedding on the island 5 years ago.

We had a nice dinner and returned home.....then it hit! My dad started throwing up around 3 a.m. he is still not feeling good. Jean-Paul started at 4:30 a.m. after sitting on the pot for some time....oh my! He almost didn't make it to the bathroom and ended up in the tub....he clogged the tub and spent some time cleaning it out. He was NOT a happy camper....but he came out laughing which made me laugh. As we were laughing...sorry this is gross...he said he felt a piece of food fall down the back of his throat and ran to the bathroom again...making it to the toilet this time....barely!

Anyway....grandma is now not sure how she is feeling so it is me and the three kids up watching Ice Age. We are all going to venture to the store to get some Ginger Ale and other stuff for the sick ones.

And now we wait....there are three of us...me, Travers and Amelie who have not been or felt sick. I hope if it is going to hit it does so soon and not on Sunday when we board the airplane to go home.

I am going to post some photos of the above events!

No comments: