Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dragon Boat Festival

The kids and I went to the dragon boat festival today. It was so, so hot but the kids had fun. The girls looked so cute in some of their shirts we bought in China. Travers and Isabelle loved running from dragon boat to dragon boat....Amelie was a bit hesitant. The kids colored dragons to place on boats made out of newspaper, watched Chinese dancers and finished with the drums. Travers loved watching the children play the drums! I will have to look into the class for him!

Travers was so good all day and had counted out enough money to walk to Barnes and Noble and buy a book or train. It was so hot but he made it the whole way! We were all hot and tired.

So...are you wondering where the photos from today are...UGH!! Here is the sad part about today. I had my camera and took some wonderful, fun photos. We got to Barnes and Noble and I realized my camera was gone. I am so sad. I am not so sad that the camera is gone...I can always buy another...what makes me sad is that someone out there has the photos of my children.

The kids and I ran back to the festival and looked all around, had them announce that we lost our camera and turned our name into the information booth and the security office for the area. I truly think that someone picked the camera up off the back of my stroller. It was very crowded. I am slowly giving up hope of someone turning it in...the festival ended at 1:00 and it is now 2:30. I just hope that someone wanted to quickly sell the camera for money and deleted the photos.

The only somewhat good thing is that I had just cleared the card that was in the camera so there were not too many photos on the camera card.

Ugh....oh well...hopefully I will get over this soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the festival was a hit, but what a shame to lose the camera and memory card : (

Louanne said...

I agree, what a shame. But I am glad that the kids had a good time.