Saturday, November 22, 2008

Perfect Kids






Last week I had a conversation with a friend that has been bugging me. It went something like this:




My friend is pregnant with twins and is very nervous. She is nervous that she will never be so lucky as to get two more "perfect kids" like her son. I told her I knew someone who was that lucky to have three perfect kids. She asked me, "Who?"




"ME!" I said.




This answer made her laugh and she said you think your kids are perfect. (also meaning good)




"YES!" I said.




Then I continued....


I have three healthy kids who laugh everyday.




I have three kids who love their parents, grandparents, other family member and each other and are not afraid to show it.




I have three kids who love to sleep!




I have three kids who act goofy, silly and express their personalities often!




I have three kids who I have so much fun with on a daily basis!




I have three kids who are love animals!




I have three kids who are compassionate!




I then told said...do I have well behaved kids all the time who feel like they must follow every single rule.




No.




I do not view that as my role as a parent. I feel that I am to teach and guide my kids but allow them to experience life and learn from their mistakes.




So...if I am every asked again if I have perfect kids I will once again answer




YES!








5 comments:

Cristina said...

GREAT post Heather!! I too have three perfect kids :)

Cristina xxx

Diana said...

I agree with Cristina...I have three perfect daughers!!!...it must be that three is the way to go...LOL

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Great response to your friend!

Shelle said...

Amen Heather! You do have three perfect kids! Your kids have the best cheerleader on this planet and (I believe) every kid needs a cheerleader. I wish more parents realized that.

Michelle

Louanne said...

Such an awesome post!