Monday, August 4, 2008

So brave!


Today Travers and I decided to head to our club for some mom and T time. We had a great time swimming, playing, eating lunch, and just being together! As we were leaving they were having "open swim" in the diving area so T and I decided to give it a try. Travers has been working very, very hard on his swimming and is doing so great. For him to swim in water "that even mom can't touch the bottom" is a huge accomplishment for him! So we swam, jumped in and played in the deep end until the lifeguard blew the whistle opening the diving boards again. I asked Travers if he wanted to jump on the board and he said yes! I was a bit shocked!

He had me ask the guard if I could be in the water to catch him but she explained that it was against the rules and that he needed to be able to swim to the side if he wanted to jump off the board.

He said he wanted to give it a try. I sat on the side as Travers got in line. I really was not sure if he was going to go through with it or not. He cautiously walked to the end of the board...hesitated for just a moment and then jumped. Now he did jump towards the side and not straight out but he popped up and swam to the side where I was sitting. He and I hugged and were both just beaming with pride!

Needless to say I did not get that first jump on film...I needed to be ready to jump in if needed. Travers said he wanted to do it again and I asked if I should take his photo. He said yes and then asked if he could jump off ten more times and if I could take ten more photos so he could send them to all his family and friends! (He doesn't understand blogs, digital cameras, etc!) :) Yet!

Travers can't wait to show grandma and grandpa when they come to visit this month!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: